First of all, I do not know what I am doing when it comes to rehabbing a boat. Anyway, This boat started out like this:
I painted everything with various qualities of paints and varying degrees of skill.
The bottom of the boat was pretty scarred up so I decided to paint it too.
I filled in all the scrapes with MarineTex- worked pretty well.
I painted the hull with Rustoleum Topside paint. In hindsight, this was a poor choice. Obviously this paint is not for under the waterline, but it was cheap... and I am cheap so there ya go. Looked pretty good at first.
The motor looked like one that might have been used in the movie Waterworld- which was an awesome movie.
The motor came out pretty good- obviously the decals were sacrificed. I might get new ones- might not. I used Dupli-color automotive spray paint with automotive primer. Also sprayed a clear coat on the cowl and did a little wet sanding to shine it up.
I painted the inside and the rails with- you guessed it- spray paint. Looks surprisingly good. I also picked up a Minn-Kota trolling motor and a battery. Oh and I converted the livewell into dry storage- that is where the battery stays.
Here she is on her maiden voyage on the Arkansas River:
Sorry for the crap picture- it was pretty dark. So far I like the boat. The motor runs really well and the boat is fairly fast. The only issue is that with just my tiny wife in the front it wont get on plane. Seems a bit back heavy... or maybe I need to lose some weight. Oh well.